Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow You Really Got A Hold On Me

fredag 23 mars 2012

The fault in our stars - John Green

Jag köpte den här boken till min Kindle, men jag funderar på att köpa den som "vanlig" bok också. För jag älskar den. Jag ÄLSKAR den verkligen. Fina, fina Augustus Waters och Hazel Grace. Boken handlar såklart om de här två. Och om cancer. Den där förjävliga cancern som äter upp allt som är fint, förstör och förkortar glädjen hos alla som förtjänar den. Men den är samtidigt så himla rolig och vacker och, och...alldeles fantastisk. Läs den, gör det! Men ladda upp med näsdukar - för det kommer att behövas. Istället för att skriva en liten novell om boken bjuder jag på lite citat ur boken. Jag har sparat ner ungefär hela boken i min citatmapp på Kindlen.

"Whenever you read a cancer booklet or website or whatever, they always list depression among the side effects of cancer. But in fact, depression is not a side effect of cancer. Depression is a side effect of dying. (Cancer is also a side effect of dying. Almost everything is, really)"


"Augustus half smiled ´Because you are beautiful. I enjoy looking at beautiful people, and I decided a while ago not to deny myself the simpler pleasures of existence.´"


"(I didn't tell him that the diagnosis came three months after I got my first period. Like: Congratulations! You're a woman. Now die.)"


"Hazel Grace" he said, my name new and better in his voice. "It has been a real pleasure to make your acquaintance."  "Ditto, Mr Waters," I said. I felt shy looking at him. I could not match the intensity of his waterblue eyes. "May I see you again?" he asked. There was a endearing nervousness in his voice. I smiled. "Sure."  "Tomorrow?" he asked. "Patience, grasshopper," I counseled. "You don't want to seem overeager."  "Right, that's why I said tomorrow," he said. "I want to see you again tonight. But I'm willing to wait all night and much of tomorrow." I rolled my eyes. "I'm serious," he said. "You don't even know me," I said. I grabbed the book from the center console. "How about I call you when I finish this?"  "But you don't even have my phone number," he said. "I strongly suspect you wrote it in the book." He broke out into that goofy smile. "And you say we don't know each other." "


"As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once."

Inga kommentarer: